We get asked all the time “how do I know if my efforts are paying off?” It’s a great question. If you’re investing in a social media marketing campaign then you want to see some measurable success. Here are some tips you can use to measure the success of the campaign:
- Just ask your customers. Encourage your receptionist to ask every client a set of questions designed to measure the success of your campaign. We could suggest:
- Are you a member of any of our social networks?
- What do you think of our content?
- What else would you like to see on our sites?
- Test the network with a sale. Pick a typically slow day, and (gently, politely) promote a sale. See if the network pays off by sending a few customers.
- Ask questions. Put a question out on the social network and see what kind of response you get. Try one like “what is the favorite post you’ve seen on our network?”. Remember, you’ll get more responses to simple questions (e.g. “True or False”) than you will to complex questions (“Why do you think…”).
- Invite people to an event. Try holding a promotional event and ONLY invite your networks. Encourage RSVPs and encourage people to bring a friend. This will definitely help to measure how successful your network is.
- Use the tools that the networks provide. If you’re not familiar with Google Analytics, with Facebook Insights, or with the tools that come with your URL shorteners, then read up on them. They’ll provide a wealth of information about how people are interacting with your posts.
Note that once you’ve measured this success, you’ve got a great milestone to improve from. Try something different, and see what changes!
Do you have any other ways that have worked for you? We’d love to hear your feedback.