At Total Social Solutions, we pride ourselves on doing a fantastic job in-house in running social media promotions for our clients. At the same time, we strongly believe that an educated client is a strong business partner. As such, we wanted to share a few tips that will help you build and run your own effective promotions:
- Call to action: Make sure that it is abundantly clear what you’re asking your audience to do. Whenever possible, make it EASY by providing the link or phone number, right there.
- Be brief, be bright, be gone: Most social media platforms reward people who are succinct and get to the point. Take note and make sure you get your point across quickly.
- Spell out the benefits: Make sure your audience knows what they’re getting. Remember, using dollar amounts (“save $100”) is more effective than percentages (“save 25%”). If your product has obscure benefits, make sure you spell them out (“Latisse will make your lashes look beautiful!”).
- Know your platform: Posting on Facebook is conducive to images. Best practices on Twitter involve using #hashtags in order to promote virality. Make sure you’re using each platform correctly.
- Ask your audience to help: Don’t forget to ask for a share, retweet, or a +1 on your posts. That will help promote the reach of your promotion.
- Use the right tools: Consider using the paid-for tools in order to ensure the reach of your posts. Sometimes a very small investment (e.g. $5 for a promoted post on Facebook) can have huge effects on how many people see your posts.
Making sure you follow these rules and you’ll be able to make the phones ring with the click of a button… which is what this is all about.