In the most recent issue of ASDS Currents Magazine (an official members-only publication of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery), our Managing Director Jennifer Kilkenny laid out the top tips for dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons to implement for search engine optimization (SEO).
These are the same tips we recommend for our full-service clients who trust us to manage their websites and/or work with their web development team to optimize their pages and web content.
Tips include optimizing page speed, blogging for SEO, mobile-friendly design, and making sure your website content is 100% unique.
Read the full digital article, originally published in ASDS Currents Magazine in March 2017: Top 10 Tips for SEO Improvement: Staying Relevant Online
Top Tips for SEO Improvement
In the ASDS Currents Magazine Cover Feature, we shared our top 10 tips to improve your SEO. While this is geared toward dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons, most medical aesthetic practices can benefit from these tips. These aren’t your average SEO tips, either. While you often hear cliche tips such as “content is king” and “blog more often,” Jennifer also included other tips that most other experts aren’t sharing or paying much attention to. These include:
- Google Page Speed: Your website may load fast for you, but that doesn’t mean it loads fast for your potential patients. And Google’s experience with your site is the one that matters most to your search engine rankings.
- Video Marketing: If you aren’t using YouTube, you’re way behind the curve. Make sure you regularly contribute video content for optimal search results.
- Google Webmaster Tools: There are many useful tools in the Google arsenal, and they’re all free! Google tells you where your website is falling short, so you might as well use them!
Don’t forget that technology evolves fast, so if you’re behind on these, you’ll be way behind in less than one year if you haven’t made these changes. If you don’t have time to manage these changes, it’s important to contact us for assistance. We’ll help you get your website back on track!
Total Social Solutions & the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Our cover feature article just scratches the surface of our relationship with ASDS.
- Our team collaborated with Real Self to create the first ever ASDS members-only Social Media Guidebook.
- We also joined Real Self and prominent dermatologic surgeons in Chicago for the first ever Practice Management, Marketing, and Social Media weekend seminar, as organized by ASDS.
- Jennifer also joined Dr. Doris Day on a panel to talk about PR, Marketing, and Reputation Management at the ASDS Annual Meeting 2016 in New Orleans, LA.
Request an Audit of Your Practice’s Website
Is your website performing less than optimally? Do you want to find your pages on Google page one? Contact us for a personalized evaluation and proposal for your website. We’ll tell you what you need to boost your website’s performance and search engine rankings.