TSS Managing Director Jennifer Kilkenny and Web Team Lead Christina Aldan joined dermatologic surgeons and marketing experts in Chicago for a two day practice management, marketing, and social media seminar for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS).
Following some of the top dermatologic surgeons in the United States, who presented important facts about practice management and internal marketing strategies, Jennifer provided dermatologic surgeons and practice managers with useful tips on how to best implement social media to market to a distracted online audience. The presentation covered such important issues as the pitfalls of over-promotion, how to brand yourself and your practice, and ways to measure ROI (return on investment).
One day two, Jennifer provided a round-table discussion on effective blogging and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to improve search engine rankings for medical practice websites and web pages without using annoying, outdated strategies that put sites on Google’s blacklist.
ASDS Practice Management, Marketing, and Social Media Seminar
Speakers at the ASDS seminar included CEO and plastic surgery marketing leader Tom Seery. This was our second collaboration with Tom Seery, as we co-authored the official ASDS Social Media Guidebook with Tom and Real Self. Leaders in dermatologic surgery were also present, including:
- Course Director Cheryl M. Burgess, MD: Founder & Medical Director of the Center for Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery and the Professional Aesthetic Image Center in Washington, DC
- Course Director Jody A. Comstock, MD: Owner of Skin Spectrum in Tucson, AZ
- Melanie Palm, MD, MBA: Founder Director of Art of Skin MD in Solana Beach, CA
- Amy F. Taub, MD: Founder of Advanced Dermatology in Lincolnshire, IL
Marketing and Branding on Social Media Presentation
The social media marketing and branding presentation during the social media seminar, as presented by our Managing Director Jennifer Kilkenny, laid out a few important points about how to effectively market and brand your dermatology (or aesthetic medical practice) on social media. These include:
- Smarter branding strategies
- Offering value to readers and visitors
- Avoiding the pitfalls of over-promoting
- Effective calls-to-action
- Measuring ROI
- Putting the “Social” back into Social Media
Blogging Round-Table Discussion
Do you have a blog? Does your blog effectively use a combination of effective writing, education, and search engine optimization strategies to increase traffic and conversions for your website? For most dermatology practices, the answer is no. During our round table discussions on day two of the Practice Management, Marketing, and Social Media seminar, Jennifer led several small groups in a quick demonstration and Q&A about blogging and search engine optimization. She shared little tips, including:
- Leveraging new treatments for immediate content ranking
- Using successful content to improve the rankings of less-successful website pages
- How video helps boost your SEO
- Keyword research
- Leveraging what your competitors are ignoring
Did You Miss the Practice Management, Marketing, and Social Media Seminar in Chicago?
Are you a dermatologic surgeon who could use some of the above social media and blogging tips for your practice? Learn more about TSS and ASDS collaborations and contact us for a personalized evaluation and proposal to improve your social media and website. Make the internet work for you with the help of the experts at Total Social Solutions.